Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) is the world’s largest student ballet scholarship competition that awards over $250,000 annually in scholarships to leading dance schools worldwide. The competition is held annually around the world with finals in New York City, and is open to dance students of all nationalities 9-19 years old.
Launched in 1999, YAGP is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization created with a mission to provide extraordinary educational and professional opportunities to young dancers, acting as a stepping stone to a professional dance career. It aims to fulfill its mission by offering:
- Educational opportunities for dance students around the world
- Opportunity to receive contracts to dance companies worldwide
- Scholarships to leading dance schools in the U.S. and abroad
- Invaluable professional exposure to world-renowned dance professionals
- Performance opportunities on some of the world’s most prestigious stages and at dance festivals around the world
- Workshops with the renowned master teachers and judges of the competition
Now in its 11th Anniversary season, YAGP has awarded over 2 million in scholarships to the leading dance schools worldwide. Over 25,000 dancers worldwide have participated in YAGP’s international workshops, competitions, and audition classes. Over 200 YAGP alumni are now dancing with 50 companies around the world, including American Ballet Theatre, New York City Ballet, Paris Opera Ballet and San Francisco Ballet, among others. YAGP’s contributions to international dance education were recognized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) with a membership in UNESCO’s prestigious Conseil International de la Danse (CID).